[Mimedefang] Embedded images

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Fri Jun 4 12:47:49 EDT 2004

At 08:35 AM 6/4/2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>In short, I recommend not using Anomy.  I'd like for it to work and work
>well with minimal collateral damage.

I've actually kept Anomy in our filter, though under very limited
circumstances:

If a virus is detected that is NOT a known mass-mailer (i.e. starts with
"Worm.", ends with "@mm", or matches a small list of mass-mailers whose
names don't fit the pattern), AND the message contains an HTML portion,
then I run Anomy after quarantining the attachment.  (If it *is* a
mass-mailer, I just quarantine & discard the message.)

I'm not sure it's worth keeping around - I'm not sure it's even hit that
function in ages, since there's no log directive associated with it - but
it *does* avoid collateral damage.

Kelson Vibber