[Mimedefang] FW: Quarantining spam with MIMEDefang

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Wed Jun 2 17:17:28 EDT 2004

Just wanted to know if any of you have set up your mimedefang-filter to
quarantine spam, and if so, how you handled it.  My assumption is that the
quarantine statement would have to go within the ‘if $hits >= $req’
conditional statement, near the end of the statement (with the
send_quarantine_notifications() call afterwards).  My mimedefang-filter has
been configured to write the spam headers and include the Spamassassin
report, I’d like all that to remain the same so that I can go back and
review the messages that have been quarantined.

So, my question is, where should I place the action_quarantine (or whatever
the syntax is) statement, and are my assumptions correct?

I’m using MIMEDefang 2.43, Spamassassin 2.63, Sendmail 8.12.11 on Redhat 9.

Thanks.

- Chris