[Mimedefang] Help with Spamassassin

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Wed Jun 2 10:07:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:05:12 -0400, Mark Penkower wrote:

>  I am about to set up Spamassassin

>  I do not plan on doing anything sophisticated with it. I don't
>  want to use any point based system.

Well... The whole point of SpamAssassin is the point based system. If you're not going to use what SpamAssassin is made for, I think using SpamAssassin would be incredibly overkill.

> I simply want to define a list of banned words in the body.
> If any of these words are present, bounce the email.

As you're not going to use the main features of SpamAssassin anyway, I'd suggest you simply implement this check directly in mimedefang-filter instead. Using SpamAssassin for this will just result in a *lot* of otherwise avoidable overhead.

Regards
/Jonas

Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/