[Mimedefang] Correction about Autolearn Headers

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Jun 1 12:44:42 EDT 2004

At 09:13 AM 6/1/2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> > Therefore, the only way to make this work that I can see is to modify
> > mimedefang.pl.  It would be a simple change to return $status, comment out
> > the $status->finish, and return $status to the subfilter where you would
> > need to run a $status->finish on it in the subfilter.
>
>You can do this already; just call spam_assassin_status from your
>filter, and process the status object yourself.  Heck, it's even
>documented in the mimedefang-filter man page. :-)

This was possible in SA 2.5x - however, beginning with 2.60, the
SpamAssassin object no longer exposes the auto-learn results or the
function to build the status line.  (It didn't technically expose either
before, but you could get the status line through an undocumented function
-- which no longer exists.)  You can construct it from all the other
pieces, but auto-learn isn't available.

Kelson Vibber