[Mimedefang] Internal mails are blocked-PROBLEM

john at essenz.com john at essenz.com
Tue Jul 27 15:37:10 EDT 2004

Personally,

I would still filter internal email just like external email (virus, file
attachments, spam). You cant trust anyone!

File attachment violations and virus issues are rare since it is strict
policy. Spam can cause some issues. For that, just do an internal ip match
in the spamassasin portion of mimedefang-filter, and if it comes from
internal net, then lower the previously calculated SA score by, say, 3.0 -
or whatever suits your needs.

-john