[Mimedefang] Relaying denied

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Jul 22 18:29:45 EDT 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:24, Vivek Kumar wrote:
>
>>Yes its gorave not gorav (typo error). I was trying to send it to lists
>>related to mail as I was not getting porper answer for that.
>>Sorry for any inconvenience.

[snip]

   Note that by doing this
> you lose the ability to check valid user names as the relay
> server accepts messages.  There has been some recent discussion
> on the list about how to validate via smtp to the delivery
> host.

If forwarding to an MS Exchange server, md_check_against_smtp_server()
won't work as
exchange will always accept recipients and then send out seperate "user
not found" emails after the fact.  since this is the case, you'll want
to look into using either LDAP lookups to validate users or use some
scripts to export your valid AD users into a local user table on the
mail gateway.  Both solutions have been discussed on this list.

hope this helps

alan