[Mimedefang] Still outbound messages are getting blocked by spamassassin

Vivek Kumar vivekk at gorave.net
Fri Jul 9 10:41:15 EDT 2004

Hi there,

This is happening for quite some time and I don't know why its
happening. Last time I got email saying that put your IP or domain in
whitelist etc. etc. but somehow either I did it wrong or it didn't work.
Also I have following lines added to mimedefang-filter.

#******************************************************************
# %PROCEDURE: filter_relay
# %ARGUMENTS: hostip,hostname,helo
# %RETURNS: #  CONTINUE, TEMPFAIL, REJECT, DISCARD,
ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING
# Don't filter for internal machines sending out email.
#******************************************************************
sub filter_relay($$$){
  my ($hostip,$hostname,$helo) = @_;
  my $internal_net1 = "191.0.0";
  my $internal_net2 = "191.0.1";
  $hostip=~  /^(\d+\.\d+\.\d+)./ ;
  my $mailip = $1;
  if($mailip eq $internal_net1 || $mailip eq $internal_net2) {
                return("ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING","It's from us it
gotta
be good");
                }
  return("CONTINUE","");
}
Kindly let me know if there is something I am missing. Also is it
possible to make a log for few email-ids and put all the spam coming to
them in that log. So that if I want to know how much and what spam were
sent to johnw account, I can go and check it and if I found any
legitimate mail I can forward it to him.

Thanks

Vivek