OT:Re: [Mimedefang] Disk imaging software

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Jul 28 13:06:34 EDT 2004

>> > I am about to upgrade my mail filters and I would like a quick way to
>> > revert back to the previous environement.
>> > [...]
>> > Is there anything else I should look at?  What are you folks using to
>> > prepare for bare metal recovery or quick recovery of an upgrade gone
>> > wrong?
Systemimager.org allows you to upgrade/downgrade a system completely
remotelly.
I used this to attempt a redhat 9 upgrade 3 times, reverting after each
upgrade to retry it.
It uses rsync so recoveries are quick.
I also use it to setup lab computers completelly automatically.
Put in the cd and it grabs the correct image and it configures everything
on the system.
Recovering from a failed filter upgrade, reverting back should take
approximately 30 seconds to 2 minutes to restore back to it's old state.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering