[Mimedefang] Disk imaging software

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Wed Jul 28 11:45:23 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <WBrown at e1b.org>
To: "MIMEDefang, " <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:31 AM
Subject: [Mimedefang] Disk imaging software

> I am about to upgrade my mail filters and I would like a quick way to
> revert back to the previous environement.
> [...]
> Is there anything else I should look at?  What are you folks using to
> prepare for bare metal recovery or quick recovery of an upgrade gone
> wrong?

tar and a Linux rescue disk is the no-frills recommended way to do it... You
can, at least use just about any version of Linux rescue disk (it does NOT
have to match the release you are running on the system), so pick a recent
release that has the Broadcom drivers built-in. :-(

Chris Myers
Networks By Design