[Mimedefang] Disk imaging software

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Jul 28 11:31:51 EDT 2004

I am about to upgrade my mail filters and I would like a quick way to
revert back to the previous environement.  For regular backups, we use
Tivoli Storage Manager, but it is a pain in the butt for recovery of other
than a few files or directories.  For bare metal recovery it's terrible!

I was looking into using Symantec's Ghost, but it does not support systems
with RAID, either hardware or software.  I have also looked at Portlock
Storage Manager, but their Linux Boot CD does not support the Broadcom
gigabit NICs I have.

Is there anything else I should look at?  What are you folks using to
prepare for bare metal recovery or quick recovery of an upgrade gone
wrong?

---

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!
         - Hormel's 1937 jingle for SPAM

William Brown
Messaging/Filtering Services
Erie 1 BOCES