[Mimedefang] [Fwd: Internal mails are blocked-PROBLEM]

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Jul 27 16:10:51 EDT 2004

> From: Vivek Kumar [mailto:vivekk at gorave.net]
> Hi,
>
> I forgot to mention in my previous mail that I have added
> following code
> in mimedefang-filter:
>
> sub filter_relay($$$){
>   my ($hostip,$hostname,$helo) = @_;
>   my $internal_net1 = "191.0.0";
>   my $internal_net2 = "191.0.1";
>   $hostip=~  /^(\d+\.\d+\.\d+)./ ;
>   my $mailip = $1;
>   if($mailip eq $internal_net1 || $mailip eq $internal_net2) {
>                 return("ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING","It's from us it gotta be good");
>                 }
>   return("CONTINUE","");
>   }
>
> Thanks
>
> Vivek

If I recall correctly we determined that you have another mail scanner running on the same machine - and that sendmail gets all of its email from that machine.  $hostip is thus eq "127.0.0.1" for all email, both inbound and outbound:

Internet -> (Vexira -> sendmail) -> Exchange
Exchange -> (Vexira -> sendmail) -> Internet

You have two options:
1) Change the mail flow
2) Scan the HEADERS for a clue as to whether the mail originated from the internet, or from your exchange server.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"