[Mimedefang] error in Graphdefang

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Tue Jul 27 08:22:57 EDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:07:52 +0530, Ravi.P CMC Engr wrote:

>  Can you please provide me the steps in order to split the DB to
>  avoid such problem in future.

Splitting the database will not avoid problems that comes from bugs or errors in the database or serializing modules. The reason  split the database is because it was a bit more efficient when using DWHDB as it gave me the opportuinty to store some stuff in a flat DB_File instead.

> How can i proceed?? give me a
>  detailed procedure!!

You can check my version of Graphdefang at <http://whatever.frukt.org> if you want to see how I have replaced the seraializing with tying to DWHDB and split the database. I can hardly get more detailed than actually showing you my code.

If you want to do it your own way, you could still get ideas from my code.

If you don't want to use my code and you're not familiar enough with perl programming to do something similar yourself, I'd suggest that you do something simpler than what I did. Replacing the original serializing with YAML worked fine for me and is a pretty small and simple modification of the code. You can find the YAML module at CPAN.

Regards
/Jonas

Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/