[Mimedefang] Disabling spam checks on outgoing email

Mike Campbell mike.campbell at oracle.com
Mon Jul 26 15:47:22 EDT 2004

I have configured MD and have it properly scanning email using clamav
and spamassassign. Recently I enabled it to scan both incoming and
outgoing emails.

I can't think of any reason why I would want to run spamassassign
against outgoing emails. If I am wrong somebody please let me know what
I am missing.

Therefore what I want to do is to disable the spam checks for outgoing
mail. In the filter_end function is where the spam checks are done. Is
there a way to determine in filter_end if the email is originating from
my domain and to not spam check it?

I had tried a filter_relay function that would check the IP address and
this worked but as a side effect it also disabled virus checks for
outgoing mail as well. What I really want is to virus check incoming and
outgoing mail while only spam checking incoming mail.

Any ideas???