[Mimedefang] replicating bayes db?

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Mon Jul 26 10:53:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:32:22 -0400 (EDT)
Ole Craig <olc at cs.umass.edu> wrote:

> 	Any ideas as to why I'm not getting the same bayes score if
> I'm using the same database? Is there a recommended procedure for
> copying a bayes DB? I couldn't find one in a few passes at the
> manpages..

I do not know why there would be a difference, but I use a different
procedure for this.  Last week, I setup a SA3.0 test box and used the
db-to-text.pl script to export the bayes database from SA 2.63 and
imported to a new database.  It worked perfectly.  In fact, I have used
this script on many occasions and it always works.  I got it from the SA
wiki, I think.  Also, this script is for bayes db version 2 and may not
work with version 3.

Alex