[Mimedefang] MD 2.44 make install fails on FreeBSD 4.10

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:57:45 EDT 2004

>From: "Wayne" <wayne at hamilton.net>
>
>I was installing MD 2.44 on FreeBSD 4.10 with Sendmail.8.13.0 and when I
>did
>the make install on mimedefang-2.44 I got the following
>
>gcc -g -O2 -pthread -o mimedefang mimedefang.o drop_privs_threaded.o
>utils.o
>rm_r.o syslog-fac.o /usr/lib/libmilter.a
>mimedefang.o: In function `do_sm_quarantine':
>/home/wayne/mimed/mimedefang-2.44/mimedefang.c:2067: undefined reference to
>`smfi_quarantine'
>
>Can someone tell me what I need to do different ?

Install from the ports - both are available (/usr/ports/mail/sendmail and
/usr/ports/mail/mimedefang) and install cleanly (that after all is the whole
point of the ports :>).

Obviously you may need to update your port tree first.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?