[Mimedefang] validating mail was sent from your domain on bounce back messages

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Jul 21 06:02:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Lucas Albers wrote:

Hello,

because there are so many different kinds of "bounce" notifications, I
suppose you have bad luck with a particular header check.

You also cannot ensure that the server generating a valid bounce message
can be determined by the mail address.

Maybe you can track, which user send mail to whom, and try to determine
the failed recipient from the bounce notification and match this against
the database. But, well, there will be problems there,too, e.g. we have a
partner, that's using Lotus Notes internally, and the bounce messages
contain the _Notes_ id, rather than the EMail address.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser