[Mimedefang] Reject vs. bounce

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Sun Jul 18 21:47:20 EDT 2004

On 07/18/04 at 20:54, 'twas brillig and David F. Skoll scrobe:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Jeff Rife wrote:
>
> > In filter_begin, filter, and filter_end, you can't return a "reject", but
> > can only do something like call "action_bounce", which generates a
> > separate e-mail to a possibly forged source address,
>
> That's not true.  Read the documentation carefully.
>
> > Is there *any* way to do a true SMTP DSN-based reject based on the DATA
> > portion of the e-mail?
>
> Yes.
>
> With action_bounce.

David -
	This particular misconception occurs so often... ever thought
of renaming it action_reject? Same number of letters, even.

	Or you could add it as a synonym of sorts:
sub action_reject ($;$$) {
	return (action bounce(@_);
}

	:-)
		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-fu; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

   Need a seasoned *NIX admin in the Denver/Boulder area? Hire me!