[Mimedefang] White paper on futility of replying to viruses?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jul 16 14:00:20 EDT 2004

I seem to get a lot of automated replies from virus scanners responding to
forged viruses with my address as the sender (typically lifted from a
newsgroup posting). It would be nice if I could fire off a link to that
postmaster pointing to an article explaining why auto-replies to a virus
are a Bad Idea. Does anyone know of any good articles explaining this? (And
is it an equally Bad Idea to auto-reply to such an auto-reply? ;) )