[Mimedefang] Message weirdness

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jul 15 13:44:43 EDT 2004

essenz at beck.quonix.net wrote:

>I believe -odi is interactive mode, which means sendmail works on the
>message in real time, which also means if sendmail has to wait 5 secs for
>the remote server to answer, you also have to wait for the remote to
>answer. (Maybe it was a really big message)

    The remote server is on the same (local) network.  And previous
sendmail commands went through fine, as well as new incoming e-mail (as
well as the other sendmail commands I issued in a different window, just
to see if it was sendmail getting stuck or not.)  Sendmail kept running
just fine.

>Maybe it was just a random occurance that at the time your issued the
>command, something else was going on which slowed things down. What
>happens if you re-issue the command.

    Same thing.  I killed sendmail, re-issued, same deal.  I stopped
sendmail's service all together, restarted, re-issued the command for
that one message, same deal.  It's something with the message, not
sendmail.  BUt I just don't know -WHAT-.

> Also, try bouncing sendmail. After
>the snag, have been able to successfully use the command again on other
>messages?

    Yup.

>If that doesn't work, then there must be something unique about that
>particular message. Could we see what the values of SENDER, RECIPIENTS,
>and ENTIRE_MESSAGE?

    I pitched it by now.  I asked the recipient if it's something they
care to receive and they had me read off the contents of it over the
phone.  After that I just deleted that qdir.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.