[Mimedefang] Message weirdness

essenz at beck.quonix.net essenz at beck.quonix.net
Wed Jul 14 15:53:58 EDT 2004

I am grasping at straws here but...

I believe -odi is interactive mode, which means sendmail works on the
message in real time, which also means if sendmail has to wait 5 secs for
the remote server to answer, you also have to wait for the remote to
answer. (Maybe it was a really big message)

Maybe it was just a random occurance that at the time your issued the
command, something else was going on which slowed things down. What
happens if you re-issue the command. Also, try bouncing sendmail. After
the snag, have been able to successfully use the command again on other
messages?

If that doesn't work, then there must be something unique about that
particular message. Could we see what the values of SENDER, RECIPIENTS,
and ENTIRE_MESSAGE?

-john