[Mimedefang] Is it really safe to delete /var/spool/MIMEDefang after a "4514.7.1 Please try again later" ?

Hermino Neder neder at zuv.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 14 07:17:13 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I made a mistake within mimedefang-filter and did not take notice of it
for two hours, therefore MD could not write RESULT files and send "451
4.7.1 Please try again later"  to the sender of each email.

Now I have several emails remaining in my /var/spool/MIMEDefang/.. and I
am not absolutely sure, if they are sent properly in between. (To be
honest, I do not want to scan my syslog for each of this spooled mails.)

I read in an article written by David, that it would be save to delete
all the files within  the spool-dir after something like an hour. Is it
really true?

Well at least a test-email was sent a few minutes after removing the
error and do a "init-script reload", but this was an internal email.

My conf:   sendmail 8.12.10, MD 2.31, SpamAss 2.53 on Solaris
(Yes I will do  the updates soon (after the release of SA 3.x) , but I
have the problem _now_ ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help & have a good time

Hermino  (Heidelberg, Germany)

     Hermino Neder     |  EDV  -  Universitätsverwaltung  -  Heidelberg
                       |  email             neder at zuv.uni-heidelberg.de
    Möge das Backup    |  phone                   +49 (0)6221 / 54 3374
  immer mit dir sein!  |  snail    Postfach 105760   D-69047 Heidelberg