[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 3.0.0-pre2 is released! (fwd)

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Mon Jul 12 18:16:24 EDT 2004

Doug Brott wrote:

>   If you are using a MIMEdefang version < 2.42 then you will have
> problems.  Since you seemed to have run an earlier version of 3.00000
> then I am curious as to why you either (1) got the earlier version to
> work or (2) didn't get the pre2 to work.  So, I guess the first thing to
> check is to see if you are running Mimedefang 2.42 or higher.

I'm running mimedefang.2.44-beta1

>   I've been using SA-3.x for almost 3 months now with great success.
> The only real SA/Mimedefang issue that I had was a change in the SA
> Application Interface.  I received failures in the sendmail log due to
> the fact that mimedefang quit unexpectedly due to this API change.  Once
> David integrated the minor change into mimedefang, things worked great.

I was also running sendmail-8.13.0. When I reverted to sendmail-8.12.11
the problems went away, well at least for known good emails. Perhaps
there's something I had wrong in the sendmail setup. Curiously, I have
my internal mail server running
sendmail.8.13.0/SA-3/mimdefang-2.44-beta1 with no problems at all. Maybe
the new sendmail doesn't like talking to older sendmails!!!!

Thanks for your assistance.
Bill