[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 3.0.0-pre2 is released! (fwd)

Doug Brott brott at redh.com
Mon Jul 12 17:23:59 EDT 2004

Bill Maidment wrote:

> I've just tried it out and I get the following messages when receiving
> email
>
> Jul 11 15:08:10 mail sendmail[17457]: i6B52dxM017457:
> syd4.elgas.com.au [203.222.154.44] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN
> during connection to MTA
>
> Is this caused by something I've done wrong/not done? I'm using the
> same configuration as an earlier 3.00000-cvs (sorry can't remember the
> date)
>
> I changed back to a 2.63 release and then the same email came through OK
>
> Cheers
> Bill

Bill,

   If you are using a MIMEdefang version < 2.42 then you will have
problems.  Since you seemed to have run an earlier version of 3.00000
then I am curious as to why you either (1) got the earlier version to
work or (2) didn't get the pre2 to work.  So, I guess the first thing to
check is to see if you are running Mimedefang 2.42 or higher.

   I've been using SA-3.x for almost 3 months now with great success.
The only real SA/Mimedefang issue that I had was a change in the SA
Application Interface.  I received failures in the sendmail log due to
the fact that mimedefang quit unexpectedly due to this API change.  Once
David integrated the minor change into mimedefang, things worked great.

--
Doug Brott
brott at redh.com