[Mimedefang] file descriptor scope and embedded perl

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 05:59:06 EDT 2004

Apologies about last mail - been along weekend.

> No; slaves are single-threaded in separate
> processes.

Yes by using fork(2).

I was thinking that dup(2) may have been copying the
file descriptor [that I wasn't declaring/initialising
properly int he filter script] between slave processes
somewhere - but you also mention closing them all
afterwards.

I'll check my code again.

> OK.  (Some Canadians use *ise*, but I've become
> Americanised ... uh ... Americanized.)

;)

Thanks for your help.

Chris