[Mimedefang] file descriptor scope and embedded perl

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 13:12:02 EDT 2004

> Does it happen all the time, or only after you do
> something (eg after
> you do an "md-mx-ctrl reread")?

I don't use "md-mx-ctrl reread".

It seems to happen when a slave is reaped after
processing n number of mails. Somehow this must be
affecting other slaves by closing their file
descriptors [even though they are declared/initalised
only within filter functions].

Could this be a thread concurrency issue?

As I say - putting dummy connects within the
filter_initialize (would have though it would be *ise*
in Canada too ;) ) solves the problem.

I'll try and do some debugging when I get some time.

Chris