[Mimedefang] More filter_recipient Qs...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jul 8 21:26:52 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

>What gives you that impression?  filter_recipient is called before any
>of the body filtering functions.

    Because I don't bounce all e-mails that have been tagged as spam - I
send them to the quarantine folder.  And I'm seeing a lot of them in
there that were destined for invalid recipients.  This tells me it's
checking for spam first before it checks for valid recipient.
Otherwise, why would it quarantine a spam message if the recipient is
invalid anyway?

    Mind you, I'm well aware that it could also be something in my
filter that's causing this behavior, which is why I asked where I should
start looking and possibly find this problem.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.