[Mimedefang] Globals

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Thu Jul 8 14:43:45 EDT 2004

In article <40ED852F.5080607 at wesmo.com> you wrote:

> The goal is to have it such that our hosted mailing lists do not get
> passed through the spamassassin plugin since the lists are subscription
> based only.
[...]
> Our mailing lists do not change frequently, but new ones do get added
> and older ones do get removed/archived.  So, maintaining the dynamic
> nature is relatively important.

Why not create an external Perl program to run out of cron and then have it
execute the Mailman list_lists program?  In the external program have it
parse the output from lists_lists the way you want it and then store
that in a tied db file.  Within mimedefang-filter, have it tie into the same
db file to determine what's a valid list.

If you're not familiar with using a tied db file, look through the
archives of the list for the various greylist implementations for code
samples.