[Mimedefang] Verifying mailbox...

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Jul 7 10:21:30 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 07/06/2004 05:10:36
PM:

> Yup.  Two ways, in fact.
>
> I) use md_check_against_smtp_server to validate the recipient address.
> and/or
> II) build a sendmail "access" file based on directory listings from the
> downstream mail servers.

Third way and one that I am work slowly on implementing:

Use sendmail to call an LDAP directory to verify addresses.  I'm still
working on the LDAP directory, so don't ask me how to configure sendmail!
Since we filter for over 20 domains not under our control, I want the
information to be available in real time.