[Mimedefang] Outbound messages are blocked

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Wed Jul 7 10:13:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have also been trying to find an appropriate way to not scan outbound
messages.

Following the details listed in the below URL, and trying to then send
mail through my server, I'm finding that the mails are still being
tested my MD. If I add the mail_relay section instead, and enable the
MX_RELAY, it works fine.

Ideally it would be better to get the trusted_networks statement to be
used, as this obviously means the mail MD will not need modifying often.

So far I have tried the statement in sa-mimedefang.cf (in
/etc/mail/spamassassin) and local.cf, also in the /etc/mail/spamassassin
directory as well as the standard global location. It seems to be
totally ignored. I'm also having problems with the whitelist statements.

Any ideas as why these may not be being picked up ?

I'm using MD 2.43/ SA 2.63/ Sendmail 8.12.11

Thanks,

Richard