[Mimedefang] Verifying mailbox...

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 7 09:25:09 EDT 2004

--On Wednesday, July 7, 2004 2:02 PM +1000 Bill Maidment
<bill.maidment at elgas.com.au> wrote:

> This doesn't seem to play well with SPF/SRS.

Why are you rejecting mail based on SPF?  I don't know of a single
system in the world that does the sender rewrite needed for
forwarding and relaying.  I think you're seeing an example of the
problem right there-- rejecting mail from your own relay host.

I don't think it is of any value now except maybe to add a little
to a spam scoring system like Spamassassin.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York