[Mimedefang] local socket unsafe

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Tue Jul 6 20:12:37 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:23:29 -0500, "Minica, Nelson \(EDS\)" commented:

> I also have this problem if I try to restart MD before the previous MD
> processes have stopped.  Log file for example you can see it is trying
> to start before mi_stop=1...  Something wrong with init.d script.

I have had similar problems on the systems I have set up, particularly when
issueing a service sendmail restart command or similar.
The easiest way i found to get around the problem was to add `sleep 5' into
the init.d script for mimedefang, in stop_it().
This forced a pause after the shutdown, and gave enough time for the sock
file to be cleaned up, before the restart occured.  Look at the times in
your logfile to work out the needed pause duration.

Regards,
Matt