[Mimedefang] Sendmail/mimedefang set up problems

Douglas, Jason jdouglas at municipality.clarington.on.ca
Tue Jul 6 16:41:16 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am installing mimdefang/sendmail on a Mandrake 10.0 Official machine.
I built sendmail from source as per the instructions here:
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/#s3

I also followed the instructions for installing mimedefang, etc. However
I am having a problem with the relaying configuration. Here is basically
the situation:

The box (190.10.9.9, called "spammail") will simply take mail from the
outside world for municipality.clarington.on.ca.
It should scan for spam/viruses...
Then relay to our Exchange server (190.10.9.1, called "moc-exch")

I have been trying to get it to do so by changing local domains, relay
domains, domain masquerading in sendmail but I can't seem to get it to
work. I believe it is tempfailing messages because when I start
forwarding port 25 (at the router) to the spammail box, mail never
reaches the mail logs. Then when I forward port 25 back to the Exchange
server the messages are delivered a short time later (~ 10 mins?). It is
not simply delay between servers, I did some tests and mail is normally
delivered within seconds.

Any help for this type of one-way delivery set up would be greatly
appreciated. I will be happy to provide any config files that you need
to see to help troubleshoot. Thanks.

Jason Douglas
http://jdouglasmedia.com/

THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Corporation of the Municipality of Clarington.