[Mimedefang] check_against_smtp caching?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 6 14:18:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jim Shewmaker wrote:

>   I don't suppose there is a way to have some sort of cache for the
> md_check_against_smtp_server function?  I see this as espescially valuable
> in cases like mine where the users don't change very often.  Any comments on
> a feature request if this isn't already a tunable setting?

This is a feature we're considering adding to our commercial CanIt
product, because we already have a SQL database back-end.

I don't plan on adding it to standard MIMEDefang, because it will
introduce dependencies on some kind of database system and yet another
file that has to live somewhere.  However, it should be pretty easy to
whip up a Berkeley-DB based cache.