[Mimedefang] file descriptor scope and embedded perl

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 12:17:52 EDT 2004

> > I still have the problem of bad file descriptors:
>
> What's the actual log message?  Does the database
> server log anything
> funny?

The test_query functions are failing for both MySQL
and LDAP connections. This started happening directly
after upgrading from 2.39 t 2.43.

Jul  6 15:55:16 filter mimedefang-multiplexor[28955]:
Slave 29 stderr: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost
connection to MySQL server during query at
/usr/local/bin/connection_func.pl line 49.

    Jul  6 15:55:16 filter mimedefang.pl[1627]:
test_query error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost
connection to MySQL server during query at
/usr/local/bin/connection_func.pl line 49.

    Jul  6 15:56:47 filter mimedefang.pl[18073]:
Reconnecting LDAP: ldap_test_query failure: I/O Error
Bad file descriptor

Thanks for any help on this, Chris