[Mimedefang]

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Thu Jul 1 14:27:35 EDT 2004

Run %> sa-learn from the command line and feed it a text file or something
that contains a known spam message.  Take a look at your bayes directory
afterwards.

Make sure that user "defang" has write permissions on the bayes directory
you are using.  If your run sa-learn as root (which is fine), just <chown
defang.defang bayes*> in your /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/ directory to
ensure that MIMEDefang can write to those files.  If your MIMEDefang server
deals with a large volume of mail, turn on bayes_learn_to_journal or you'll
have issues with lock files hanging up the MD slaves.

Sometimes after moving the bayes databases to a new path you must "prime"
the learning process by running sa-learn in order to force the new bayes
changes to take effect.

- Chris