[Mimedefang] Check extensions beforer virus scan

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Jan 27 14:12:38 EST 2004

I am doing this, in a roundabout way.

I have no anti-virus on the sendmail server.  The sendmail server sends all
mail to the anti-virus server, which then sends all mail to the Exchange
server.

Internet --> Sendmail/MIMEDefang --> Norton Antivirus --> Exchange

The vast majority of viruses are in .exe/.scr/etc form, which MIMEDefang
removes.  The few that are not are (mostly) caught by the Norton Antivirus
server.  Exchange is thus pretty well protected.