[Mimedefang] implementing spamass RBL checks in MD

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Thu Jan 22 09:37:19 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Cramer" <mscramer at armstrong.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] implementing spamass RBL checks in MD

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Lucas Albers wrote:
>
> > Matt Cramer said:
> > > The SA RBL checks make quite a difference to the amount of spam I
catch,
> > > so I wrote some code in my filter to perform the checks, [...]
> >
> > How is different then just using sa to score it and then reject based on
> > spam score?
> > I'm not understanding the signifigant difference between these two
methods.

> OK, maybe I am an idiot, but I thought MIMEDefang, when it called SA,
> didn't do any of the network tests.  Am I wrong?

See also the FAQ entry at http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=15

By default, MIMEDefang disables the SpamAssassin network tests:

    - RBL checks
    - Razor
    - DCC
    - Pyzor

Look in your filter for $SALocalTestsOnly.  The default value is 1.  Change
it to 0,
and SpamAssassin will check the RBL's for you.  By properly configuring
SpamAssassin,
you can also check Razor/DCC/Pyzor (all of these require additional
programs/modules
that aren't part of SpamAssassin).

Chris Myers
Networks By Design