[Mimedefang] spamassassin failure

Kayne Kruse Kayne at moranprinting.com
Tue Jan 20 13:58:34 EST 2004

> I portupgraded my spamassassin, mimedefang all in one chunk -
> things seemed fine. Then I noticed a whole lotta spam coming
> through - I did some manual checks and it turns out that
> something changed in the SpamAssassin.pm that my older version
> of perl (stock 5.005) didn't like.

You can switch perl to a port of 5.6.1.  Towards the end of the make process
it tells you to run use.perl port to use the perl port or use.perl system
will revert you to 5.00503.

You could also follow Matthes Thomas's suggestion.  Either are pretty easy to
fix.  Personally, I prefer perl5.6.1 for other things I use perl for.

Kayne