[Mimedefang] How to trap this spam

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 6 22:43:37 EST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Bill Maidment wrote:

> I was greylisting on $RelayAddr and that is came through from the
> secondary as the ip address of the secondary, so everything coming
> through the secondary has the same $RelayAddr regardless of the
> original sender.

If you are using greylisting, you must disable it for all mail relayed
from any of your secondary MX hosts.  The reason becomes obvious with
a little thought.

You *can* use greylisting on the secondary MX hosts themselves if they share
the same greylisting database as the primary MX host, but then you once
again have a single point of failure (which secondary MX machines are
supposed to eliminate.)