[Mimedefang] slaves dying unexpectedly

Mike Van Pelt mvp at lsil.com
Thu Jan 29 19:56:43 EST 2004

I'm trying to install mimedefang 2.39 on a new system, and I'm
getting this error whenever I try to bring it up:

Jan 29 16:50:47 lsi mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 778059 mail.info]
    Starting slave 0 (pid 2029) (1 running): Bringing slaves up to minSlaves (2)
Jan 29 16:50:47 lsi mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 260045 mail.error]
    Reap: Idle slave 0 (pid 2029) exited normally with status 1
    (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)
Jan 29 16:50:47 lsi last message repeated 2 times

Over and over and over...

As near as I can tell, everything about this configuration is
identical to the configuration of several other systems that
mimedefang is running perfectly fine on.

Is there some way to find out *why* the slaves are dying, and
what they're trying to do when they decide to off themselves?
Normally, at this point I'd do perl -d and single-step through
it, but mimedefang is a little too complicated for that.

--
Mike Van Pelt      email: mvp at lsil.com    phone: 408-433-4282
                   Pager: 800-533-4559 or email 5334559 at skytel.com
                       or web www.skytel.com, pin 5334559