[Mimedefang] syslogd can't be running with -t option?

Mike Van Pelt mvp at lsil.com
Fri Jan 30 18:45:39 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:03:56AM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>
> > [ logging to a remote syslog system, syslogd -t locally ]
> > mimedefang doesn't seem to like this, though.
>
> Actually, it's Sys::Syslog that fails.  Download Unix::Syslog
> from CPAN, rebuild MIMEDefang, and it should work.

That helps, in that it doesn't error when syslog is running
with the -t option.  However, now mimedefang doesn't log,
other than the "Multiplexor alive - entering main loop"
log message.  None of the MDLOG messages I want.

mimedefang-multiplexor continues to log mesages normally.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Van Pelt      email: mvp at lsil.com    phone: 408-433-4282
                   Pager: 800-533-4559 or email 5334559 at skytel.com