[Mimedefang] Solaris And Syslog issues.

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:29:05 EST 2004

I saw a problem with mimedefang 2.38 and sendmail 8.12.3 on debian 3.0.

The milter pukes out if you stop mimedefang and restart it it without a 3
second delay.
If you add in the delay, everything works peachy.

Josh Kelley said:
> David F. Skoll wrote:
>
>>However, sending INT to the multiplexor to reread the filter is
>>deprecated.  Instead, you should use:
>>
>>	md-mx-ctrl reread
>>

> The Red Hat init script in redhat/mimedefang-init still uses kill -INT
> and so should probably be updated.
>
> Josh Kelley

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana