[Mimedefang] Request for help: Virus-scanner invocation review [was Re: New .zip virus]

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Jan 30 12:58:47 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

> I'm planning on a 2.40 release soon.  Would all virus-scanner owners please
> review how MD invokes the scanner and suggest improvements?  I do not

nai/uvscan should be updated to make sure $VirusName is set to something
in all cases.  Here's a post of mine about it:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-August/016343.html

Someone else may have better code, but a client of mine has been using
that modification since I posted the message and hasn't had any slip by
that I know of.  They're running 2.37, if the code for interpret_nai_code
has been updated since then, never mind :-)

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA