[Mimedefang] Solaris And Syslog issues.

Don ldaperror at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 05:48:41 EST 2004

I have mimedefang 2.39 on a solaris 8 box. Running
this with embedded perl option to
mimedefang-multiplexor. It uses the Unix:Syslog
modules for the sysloging needs.

When I start mimedefang-multiplexor and mimedefang,
and its running, I see all the syslog messages I am
expecting (including several with the mimedefang.pl
tag). It can work correctly for a long while. If I
send an INT signal to the mimedefang-multiplexor to
reread its files,  the filetr works as expected but I
notice that the messages from the mimedefang.pl no
longer shows up in the log files anymore. I even tried
using md_syslog directly and even used the syslog
function directly. It like the syslog bit is not
getting initiliazed when the new slaves are generated.

Any ideas would be great!

-Don