[Mimedefang] Tracking down the delay (Razor timeout!)

Jos De Graeve Jos.DeGraeve at xs4all.Be
Wed Jan 28 16:18:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Adam Porter wrote:

> I may have narrowed the problem down to razor.  Looks like I'm getting
> intermittent delays (which could explain why I have sometimes run
> spamassassin all the way through without delay.)  Often I run this once
> and it completes quickly, but the 2nd and all subsequent attempts razor
> hangs on timeout with wonder.cloudmark.com:

Seeing more or less the same here.

I have now set the RAZOR* scores to 0.1 to see what effect disabling razor
would have on spamassassig scoring.  I'm considering to stop using razor.

Most of the time i see that, if a message is listed on Razor, its senders
IP is listed on other blacklists too.

I think the concept of a central server is the weak point with razor.

Regards,
Jos