[Mimedefang] Re: exceptions based on recipient?

kamal kamalnee at iitk.ac.in
Fri Jan 30 03:10:03 EST 2004

Oh yes, then you may not be able to do it in filter_end. Actually, we
are not doing anything with the mail body except headers, so it is ok
with us.

You can do this computation in filter_begin and save the result for use
in later functions. Of course, you can choose not to do it in
filter_begin and repeat it in later functions.

In filter_begin, you do (1) Amongst the recipients, check which are exempted
In filter, (2) if any of the recipients is non-exempted, do normal
filtering, otherwise do no filtering
In filter_end, (3) if you did any filtering in "filter" function( i.e.
at least some recipients are non-exempted and mail is 'bad'), resend
original message to exempted recipients if any, delete them from "this"
message. Otherwise, accept message as it is.

I hope this should work, haven't tested it out.