[Mimedefang] MD + Spamassassin rules for multiple domains

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Jan 29 17:30:30 EST 2004

Gerald wrote:
> Situation: I have MD + Spamass setup on my domain and I want to allow
> a friend to relay mail through my MD + SA setup. Friend wants spamass
> status in the subject instead of how I like it in the headers. How do
> I tell MD run spamass with x set of rules for domain_x and call SA
> with y set of configs for domain_y?

man mimedefang-filter

Read the section on stream_by_domain()

You'll have to look into how to create a fresh instance of SA for each
domain;  the following code may prove useful:  (Watch for linewraps)

# The next lines force SpamAssassin modules to be loaded and rules
# to be compiled immediately.  This may improve performance on busy
# mail servers.  Comment the lines out if you don't like them.
if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
    spam_assassin_init()->compile_now(1) if
defined(spam_assassin_init());

    # If you want to use auto-whitelisting:
#   if (defined($SASpamTester)) {
#       use Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList;
#       my $awl = Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList->new();
#       $SASpamTester->set_persistent_address_list_factory($awl) if
defined($awl);
#   }
}

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."