[Mimedefang] action_bounce - forget it!

Rick Mallett rmallett at ccs.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 29 08:44:32 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Thursday 29 January 2004 11:28, Andrzej Marecki wrote:
>
> > line ~220) looks like this - see below. No bouncing, no quarantines, just
> > action_discard. For ALL the viruses/worms. That's it!
>
> Well, in most countries this is however illegal.

Really. And I guess its legal in those countries to participate in a
DOS attack against an innocent third party whose email addresses were
massively forged, a not uncommon occurence, BTW.

"Sorry we killed your system by bouncing rather than discarding
viruses, but you can't blame us - we're just obeying the law". Yeah,
right. Some laws are stupid and made to be broken.

- rick