[Mimedefang] Tracking down the delay (Razor timeout!)

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Wed Jan 28 19:23:35 EST 2004

In article <40182EFE.60905 at marine.rutgers.edu> you wrote:
> In the meantime, shortening those delay limits will definitely help us
> protect our performance if any of them has problems.

Another list member posted today, in a different thread, about using the
'-T' option when starting mimedefang to get timing information on how
long the filter is taking to run.  When enabled, it will produce a syslog
entry like so:

Jan 28 19:16:20 mail mimedefang[23708]: i0T0GCsY023707: Filter time is 6517ms

Since enabling this, I've been able to get a feel for when Razor2 is
having problems.  Earlier today, when Razor2 was responding nominally, I
was seeing entries more like this:

Jan 28 16:15:28 mail mimedefang[22879]: i0SLFQCk022878: Filter time is 1235ms

This might also help you get an idea of how long things are taking and
keep track of the effects on adding/subtracting network tests.