[Mimedefang] Has anyone used fang.pl

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Wed Jan 28 17:20:02 EST 2004

Has anyone ever used fang.pl (in the "contrib" directory of the MIMEDefang
source tree) to reconstruct an email?

It looks like I've just been handed my first-ever "need to recover" from a
quarantine dir.

What can I expect fang.pl to do, and do I need to disable mimedefang in
order to get the mail recovered and forwarded to the user?

I have located the particular qdir containing the quarantined message.  It
quietly sits waiting for me in
/var/spool/MD-Quarantine/qdir-2004-01-28-14.09.22-001

Thanks to any/all who would know what to do next, as this thing isnt
documented (that I can find).

KEN CORMACK, RHCE
Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst,
    Open Systems Group
Sr. Software Analyst,
    TSG Midrange Systems Group
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES, INC.
    557 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, OH  44310

"If that that is 'is' is that that is not 'not is', is that that is 'not is'
that that is not 'is'?  It is!" - Ken Cormack

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate technical
reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken." - Unknown